IDEA, The Institute for the Development of Earth Awareness, is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit think tank and educational organization working at the intersection of human, animal and environmental issues. IDEA works to develop new paradigms in bioethics, which change the way society views and interacts with animals and nature.
IDEA utilizes the arts in its work for a healthful, humane and sustainable future. An integral part of all of IDEA’s projects is education.
IDEA’s diverse programmatic initiatives include:
• Book development & publishing on topics essential to IDEA’s mission
• IDEA’s Adopt-A-Library Program:
- Donating our groundbreaking books to underserved public libraries
- Donating our books to prison libraries & prison literacy programs
• Expert policy analysis about critical issues including environment; bioethics; animals; agricultural policy; and food ethics & nutrition
• Nutrition Literacy & Education materials for at-risk, underserved populations
• Animal rescue
• Healing protocols for abused animals & animals in sanctuary
• Educational initiatives to help bees, pollinators & birds
• Land and habitat preservation
Please join IDEA in our work for a healthful, humane and sustainable future!
idea and ideas to change the world
are trademarks ofthe institute for the development of earth awareness
to receive emails about upcoming news + events, please enter your email address:
to contact idea, please email us at:
po box 124
new york, ny 10012